Welcome to Aunty Nurse!!!!!!!!


Hello All,
My name is Aunty Nurse, I’m a pharmacist and in my little practice time, I have made a lot of fascinating observations about the attitude of the average Nigerian to health in general.

You may wonder why my blog is not called “auntypharmacist”.

In my short practice time I’ve noticed that when most people walk into a community pharmacy and find a female in a lab-coat, they are very quick to conclude that she must be a nurse or sometimes even a doctor. Almost no one considers the thought that a young lady wearing a white lab-coat in a pharmacy could be a pharmacist. I think that is really funny. Till today, people walk into the store and ask if I’m a pharmacist and I do my best to be polite in my response. Although all I’m really thinking is “DUH!!!!!!!!!!”

At one of the community pharmacies/pharmacy shops where I worked, some people called me Aunty Nurse and I just thought it had an interesting Nigerian ring and would be a good name for my blog. So I would have to say a big thank you to them.

What is Aunty Nurse about?

Well Aunty Nurse is a healthcare-themed blog that aims to touch on issues of healthcare in Nigeria and the world at large. The  posts would border on pertinent healthcare issues in Nigeria from the perspective of healthcare professionals, individuals, patients etc

If you’re healthcare professional and you have a good healthcare story for the benefit of the public, you’re in the right place, if you have or had an experience you’d like to share with us; Aunty Nurse is here for you.


 Aunty Nurse is here to give you all the information you need to lead a healthy life by connecting you with the best grade of professionals from around the country.
From time to time, we would also give healthcare updates in other to keep you abreast of the latest happenings and healthcare solutions

Coming up tomorrow is my own healthcare story, it may surprise you but healthcare professionals have health struggles of our own. My story has to do with medicine abuse, the genesis, consequences and the solutions.

4 comments:

  1. lookshines17:14

    like the name, gives it a nigerian feel and originality.
    This could be a good medium to promote healthy living by demonishing wrong preconceive idea on health issue.
    This could also help turn healthy living into a way of life
    Just make sure it does not promote self-medication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous00:18

    Looks like its going to be an interesting blog...at least its not the normal fashion or entertainment news/gossip blogs that are out there...will def be keeping an eye out for the healthy living tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16:01

    Can't wait to read more of your posts!! Amazing stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous09:54

    Good job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment here